Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Intermittent Wireless, heat issue - 01-13-2011, 10:52 PM

Recently my Mini 9 wouldn't boot up to OSX Leopard (it was stuck on grey apple with spinning wheel). I figured it was time to update to Snow Leopard anyway so I put that on (after toying around with the newest version of Ubuntu). At first everything worked, and then the wireless stopped working for a couple of days, before coming back on (it's currently working). I've noticed that the Mini is much hotter now as well (I can feel it through the touch pad). I've also gotten a kernel panic once, which never happened under Leopard. Installing coolbook, I can see that it's idling around 37-40 degrees.

Any thoughts about what could be causing this? Bad wireless card? Bad MB? Detached heatsink. Does this sound familiar to anyone who might know where to start?

(#2) Old
Default 01-14-2011, 08:20 PM

37-40C is a fine temperature, assuming that is accurately reporting the CPU temperature. The wireless card does get warm in normal use.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« problem reinstall of xp | Winsock provider catalog »