What do you think of this situation:
I plugged a VGA cable into my Dell Mini 9, it switched off. I turned it back on, it came to life w/o any problems, Ubuntu loaded normally BUT the orange battery light kept blinking. At the same time I noticed a burnt smell and immediately pulled the plug.
The battery seems fine, but the VGA port emits a strong smell of burnt plastic.
Have you heard of incidents like this? What should I do? Switch the Mini back on? Open the case and take a look at it's insides (and void the warranty I'm afraid...)?
Help is very much appreciated!