You're right cookiemonster, that's what I'm gonna do : call Dell first, and try to obtain only a battery replacement.
Sometimes they send you a tech (more likely for motherboard issues I think), so *perhaps* this will be fixed quickly.
I wont buy the extended battery right now since :
1. They are third party, and if this doesn't work what would I do ? :?
2. I've bought a unit that is supposed to be new and functional (not a refurb) :x
3. I don't know if the regular battery capacity is just fine for me (so, saving for SSD
4. I use my mini only at home, so plugged, and I need it to be nomad from february
5. My mini won't fit one of these smooth neoprene cover anymore :mrgreen: