Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini9 with Ubuntu Netbook Remix won't boot - no disc space? - 11-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Hey guys,

I have a Dell Mini9 that runs Ubuntu Netbook Remix. I went to restart it yesterday and got the blinking cursor of death (haha love that term).

After running through a few lines of Linux error code, it goes to a Windows looking error message. It says that I don't have enough disc space to continue booting the computer.

I tried taking out the battery and letting it sit overnight.

Any ideas? I'm not about to give up my compy because it's out of warranty and I don't have the money to get a new one.

Thank you!
  (#2) Old
Default 11-17-2010, 05:13 PM

Do you have a usb cd drive? If so, download and burn a Ubuntu Install CD. You can also use this CD instead as a "Live CD" and access your SSD drive and delete something to make room.

If you don't have a usb cd, there are also instructions to make a bootable flash drive available.

Either way you do this, hit "0" at bootup to go to a boot menu and choose your USB CD or USB Flash device.

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 (White)-- A00, 1Gb Ram, Failed and removed 16gb SSD, 1.3MP camera, No Bluetooth
Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition installed on bootable Kingston DataTraveler G2 4gb USB Flash Drive (22MB/s Read)
  (#3) Old
Default 11-23-2010, 01:24 AM

I store nothing on my SSD & also watch to make sure it is cleaned out from any old updates. No hibernation either. A SDHC stores all my work files.

I would use a flash drive as fields suggested. It does take a long time to boot though.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

« Mini 9 Problem | Camera software for mini 9 with Windows 7 »