Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Charge Connector Strain Releif - 01-12-2009, 01:18 AM

Does the charger connector have strain releif on it? I recently slid my Mini 9 off a footstool onto the floor (about 18" fall onto carpet) and the laptop landed on the charge connector. It does seem to work just fine and is charging but I noticed that the charge connector is loose and can wiggle back and forth a slight amount - mostly toward the front of the laptop (toward the keyboard). Did I loosen the connector or does it have some sort of strain relief built in?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Charge Connector Strain Releif - 01-12-2009, 08:34 AM

No, the DC jack is just a solid shoe-box shaped component that sits inside an internal "cup" that is held down by a flat bracket that goes along the top of the jack inside the Mini 9. Mine was loose and wiggled a lot right out of the box. When I took it apart, I noticed the top flat bracket was not holding the jack down tight enough and the "cup" the jack sits in had about 0.5~1mm of play on either side (again loose). You can probably fix yours with some super glue or hot glue right where the DC jack sits in its cup and the top bracket.

« Won't boot from external DVD or US Flash | MINI 9 Bios Password Locked »