Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default mini 9 no SSD!!! - 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Ok so I have a mini 9 when I boot from SSD I get a message that says " Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys" you can attemt to repair and so on by entering disc when I enter original windows xp disc and get to my partion it looks like this----partition 1 7287 mb (7287 free) and unpartitioned space 39 mb. so im guessing it is not recognizing SSD.... but when I go to boot menu and look there is a + sign by hard drive and it says STEC PATA 8GB-(PM)... so not sure if it just needs drives and if so could you point me in the right direction anything else to try I will... Thanks Joseph
also on boot bios when i first boot it sees or at least says the name of SSD, when on after a bit the SSD, motherboard, WIFI, and memory our very hot to the touch, is there anything that can be done to help before ordering a new SSD if that is even it or is it "cooked"
  (#2) Old
Default 10-13-2010, 02:35 AM

Sounds like a windows problem. You SSD is recognized in the BIOS so it should not be an issue. Maybe google the file, i see several links that might help (I don't use windows except for my scanner - it isn't Linux friendly ). The heat issue might be windows searching on your SSD.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#3) Old
Default 10-13-2010, 04:27 PM

You have an 8GB SSD and according to the XP install display, you have a corrupted or empty partition. It is normal for the SSD, memory and WiFi card to be warm to hot.

Try a reinstall of XP, deleting the existing partition and installing to the unpartitioned space.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Imminent drive failure | Mini 9 Operating System Not Found - Replacement SSD? »