Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 battery suddenly dead? - 09-13-2010, 07:14 AM

A few months ago ( like 6) i created a mini 9 tablet and it sat on the shelf till tonight. I decided i needed a laptop for school so i put it all back together installed windows and installed a few programs all without the battery plugged in. THen plugged the battery in to charge, and it never showed up (even fn - 3 shows nothing) waited a while and unplugged the cable and it just shut down. The battery is not even seen by windows I'm going to update the bios and see if it works there. But before i stoped using it it held a 2 and a half hour charge!

EDIT: After updating to A06 it seems to be working kinda... Windows sees the battery and is charging but the LED light for charging wont light up... I'm not sure if it will actually charge or not.
  (#2) Old
Default 09-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Yep remember the tablet project - seems like your battery has died, tis normal if the battery was discharged prior to storage and is now totally dead. You may get lucky and the computer will deep recharge to get it above 0 and then charge normally. But it may not, the moral is store a battery around 40% charged for a few months if you want it to last.

« Lost Power To Mini 9 | Mini 9 hard drive crashed »