Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth Question - 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM

I have had my laptop for about a week now and i ordered it from dell referbs (came looking brand new for a huge discount).

I am 99% sure the specific unit i picked had the bluetooth adapter option installed, but now that i got it im not sure if it is infact in there or not.. Bluetooth is enabled in the bios but the bluetooth manager (in ubuntu) doesnt seem to pick anything up.. i am having a hard time reading through the garble the give you off dells support site of whats actually shipping in the machine..anyone know how i can figure out for sure if its in there or not?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Bluetooth Question - 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM

According to THIS topic, someone suggested pressing Fn+2 to bring up the switcher, if it shows both wi-fi and BT switching options, then you probably have BT module installed. My mini was ordered without BT but I had the icon showing up in my system tray (and in the start menu) anyway, and doing Fn+2 only brought up the wi-fi option.

« Intel graphics buggy after closing/opening lid | Can't Reboot, Can Shutdown? »