Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Need a confirmation if SSD is gone! - 08-19-2010, 02:53 AM

My wife's Mini 9 decided to die all of a sudden: 16GB SSD, 1Gb RAM. Screen went black with the message "No operating system found". I tried to reinstall Windows XP with the original recovery disc. After 5 minutes it dispalyed "8057 MB Disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi. <Setup cannot access this disk>" Open BIOS and message appeared in Main:" Fixed HDD: STEC PATA 16GB-(PM), HDD Size: 0MB". One of my friends suggested the SSD is gone and I have to buy another one. Question: Is this the final verdict? Do I have to do another test or I have to buy another SSD. If yes, I'd like to upgrade to 32GB, which one do you recommend (Writing/reading speed greater and reliablity) RunCore or Active Sabre? Thank you for help.
  (#2) Old
Default bump - 08-28-2010, 05:53 AM

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, but I just bought two new drives for my fleet of 9's and A90's

I still have the 8gb SSDs as I hate to part with them until I know the final verdict about saving them or taking a drill through them for privacy reasons.

« Another power issue | no operating system found »