Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Buzzing electrical noise - 07-11-2010, 06:07 PM

I have a big problem with my dell mini 9.
It makes a buzzing noise for about 5-10 seconds when I connect the charger and then it stops. The white light also stay on only for 5-10 seconds then turns off.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Dell Mini 9 Black with Bluetooth and Webcam - 32GB Super Talent - 2GB RAM
  (#2) Old
Default 07-11-2010, 07:14 PM

The light going out is normal if the Mini is not turned on and the battery is fully charged. How loud is the buzzing? Does the light go out at the same time the buzzing stops? That suggests that a charging circuit is making the noise. How "big" a problem is this?

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 07-24-2010, 12:47 AM

my mini 9 also buzzes but the noise is really quiet. I'm pretty sure its the charger. I have a friend who also experiences the same thing and i'm pretty sure my sisters studio 15 does the same thing. All three work fine though. And thats the chargers to the laptops, not the laptops themselves.

Maybe its nothing to worry about?
  (#4) Old
Default 08-01-2010, 02:57 AM

@ untremendous I had a similar problem with an HP dv7 1175nr Laptop. The "brick" on the power chord would buzz intermittently on and off. It did this to me twice during one week and by the end of the week the power chord was dead. You may want to look into buying a new power chord. Instead of buying a new one from HP or BestBuy (~$89) I bought an iGogreen charger with the car adapter which lets me hook up any of my PCs while I'm war driving.

« Broadcom WiFi Issue | Jolicloud 1.0 Doesnt See My Webcam (built in 1.3 mp) »