Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Wont Power Up!!! - 07-09-2010, 06:43 PM

I am in need of some desperate help I had Ubuntu originally on my Dell Mini 9 and last night installed XP Pro. Install went off without a hitch. As I was downloading and installing drivers from the battery died and the laptop went dead . Stupid me forgot the cord at my office. Now that I am in the office and have the cord connected it wont power up I don't even get the led light on when you have it plugged and and the battery is charging.

Any tips?
  (#2) Old
Default 07-13-2010, 11:33 AM

That is strange - even with a totally corrupt OS you should get the white light on the front and with power plugged in and turned on you should get to the bios.

If your under warranty suggest a return cos this sounds like the mother board is dead.
  (#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 07-13-2010, 12:41 PM

I always carry a charger with me, a girl here at work however forgot it one day when I was supposed to be installing Ubuntu Netbook edition on her 9 which died midway. It did start right back up again upon charging but ended up needed to be installed again.
So the moral of the story is two fold, have a second charger, and never install an OS or run updates with out being plugged in.
Yeah though, if it's still under warranty I'd call Dell before it's up.

Now granted, I have three Dell netbooks, so I have a charger at work, one at home, and one I carry in my bag.

« My Mini 9 doesn't do anything! Only white LED stays on. | Mini 9 won't stay shut down ... always restarts »