Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default 07-22-2010, 10:55 PM

Yes, and it does not boot up with the AC either. I notice however that I hear two short beeps whenever I try to start the computer but nothing appears on screen.

thanks - YLM

Originally Posted by thundertracks View Post
Did you try running it only on AC with battery removed?
  (#12) Old
Default 07-23-2010, 01:31 PM

It may be that you need a new DC jack. With the charger plugged in, carefully wiggle from side to side, up and down. Is there a lot of movement? If yes, can normally be a sign that the DC jack needs replacing. Also, you might want to wiggle the cable and try powering up the laptop as sometimes that can get it going. Have seen many laptops that need the power cable to be kept still and in one position to keep them powered up.

Loving my Streak!
  (#13) Old
Default 09-15-2010, 06:27 AM

Morning YoLisaMarie...

This is something that i think i share....

Last week i went into o2 to remove restrictions to adult content websites (that sounds seedy, but it's for checking out!!!) and i was told that i had to switch my phone off and switch it on. I then had an issue with my phone being switched on as it woudl not power up at all. I logged on the net to see of any resolutions... and this came up I tried this, and although at 1st, it never worked, i persevered with it.... but now i'm having the same issue again less that 1 week after the initial problem.... my battery went flat last night, so i tried to plug it into charge, and it would not light up say it was charging... after following the steps again, that i saw on I had no luck... it is now this morning, and i still can not get it to work.... has anyone got any long term solution for this?

I guess what i'm trying to say in between my plea for help is.... have you tried the steps detailed in the link to the above post YoLisaMarie?
  (#14) Old
Default 09-15-2010, 10:13 AM

based on what I have read the problem is greater than a simple power/battery issue. If the unit will not boot without the battery then this can be ruled out as the cause.

My believe is you are getting a beep error code - this is indicating there is a problem which may be as simple as the bios battery or as bad a a failed motherboard or cooked CPU. Beep codes normally help in the diagnosis two short beeps is a POST error - my recommendation would be to unplug and replug the bios battery, reseat the ram, WLAN, & SSD if all these fail.
  (#15) Old
Default 09-16-2010, 10:29 AM

I have a similar problem. I noticed the battery running low. I plugged in the power supply. It wasn't charging. I stopped using the DM9 except for trying to fix it. Eventually the battery ran out. Now it doesn't power up or charge. Basically it's a brick now. I replaced the power supply, and the power jack inside. Nothing fixed it. I guess the only solution is buy another one. I thought about trying a new battery.
  (#16) Old
Send a message via MSN to yorgabr Send a message via Skype™ to yorgabr
Default 09-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Hi all!

I have the same problem, YoLisaMarie. My one didn't even sound beeps before die. Now, I can't start it (not even POST) with or without battery plugged. I check my power supply, that is ok. No LEDs lights on, too.

Last week I sent it to a Technical Assistance, but not a Dell authorized one, because my warranty is over since June. Today, I received it back. The guys said to me it can't be fixed because "its BGA chip (!) is damaged". Of course, they can't get a new motherboard to replace.

Well, the only alternative I have is to send it to a Dell's service center in my town and pray to they don't charge me a value of a new notebook...

Best regards!

The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility, and vice versa.

« Dell Mini 9 SSD Bad Sectors? | Battery won't power or charge »