Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default My Mini 9 doesn't do anything! Only white LED stays on. - 07-07-2010, 01:03 AM

My Mini 9 was working great. I had Leopard on it and was working fine. It was getting slower everytime but still usable. I was thinking in installing either Ubuntu or Win7... anyways... I was downloading a big torrent file and I left the computer there in the afternoon, downloading.

When I came back at night the mini was off. I turned it on and nothing would happen, only the power white LED light turns on. Since the Mini doesn't have any movable parts, fans or anything I don't know if it is really on.

If I force shut it down (holding the power button for several seconds) and then turn it on several again and again, sometimes I get the Dell logo and it would say something about not booting then would turn off.

I can't get to that screen anymore, that's why I dont really know what the error was exactly. Now it doesn't boot at all, never. Only the white led.

I tried replacing the ram. Using a different one and it's still the same.

What are the symptoms of a non working SSD? Since it was getting slower everytime I was thinking it probably died. I tried to remove it and see if the computer turns on but I can't remove the screws!

Battery or no battery is the same.

I've read about the D169H Switch Board piece... could that be the problem?

Any advice is very well appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Default 07-07-2010, 02:15 AM

Have you tryed plugging it into a external monitor then booting it?
Also how long have you had the current SSD in it? it may have just been its time to die.
  (#3) Old
Default 07-07-2010, 11:45 PM

I just tried that and still no video on the external monitor. I did the BIOS recovery USB drive and tried the Fn + B keys and it beeps but it doesn't do anything else.

EDIT: I was able to remove the screws and finally removed the SSD and everything is still the same

Could it be corrupted BIOS?
  (#4) Old
Default 07-09-2010, 01:09 AM

I'm having the same problem. Same symptoms. I have XP and was not downloading a torrent....HELP
  (#5) Old
Default 07-13-2010, 11:39 AM

If it is a corrupted bios unplug the bios battery wait 30 sec and replug. If this does not work then I think the mobo is dead.

« Battery woes. | Wont Power Up!!! »