Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Intel graphics buggy after closing/opening lid - 01-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Got an external 19" for Xmas. (emachines) It's native resolution is 1440x900 and Intel's VGA out driver runs fine until I close and reopen the netbook's lid.
Basically, after closing the lid the ext lcd stays on until the power settings turn it off. Fine. But after opening the lid, sometimes the ext LCD does not turn on and the graphic settings reverts back to the default netbook lcd's 1024x600. I have to reset the settings to use the monitor. Sometimes the ext LCD comes on but the netbook's LCD doesn't.

This is what I have tried:
Astray was run early on, after I got the unit.
I've set all power management except monitor to OFF, including the harddrive, standby when closed, etc.
I've tried using "twin" and "dual" graphics settings. (What is the difference, other then the dual allows more resolutions?)

I'm not finding a setting that consistantly keeps the graphics settings the same and keeps the LCDs on. If you have any success, please let me know what settings I'm missing or set incorrectly.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Intel graphics buggy after closing/opening lid - 01-08-2009, 07:05 PM

Temporary Solution:
I set the graphics to "extended desktop" making the monitor "primary". It solves the on/off resolution changes when the lid opens and stops the netbook from interupting the video signal to the monitor when the lid closes. This option makes my netbook desktop useless though.

« Thermal throttling issues? | Bluetooth Question »