Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Win 7 reinstallation, wifi driver missing - 06-29-2010, 08:30 AM

Recently I reinstalled Win7 but wifi stopped working after the installation. It worked fine previously for half a year. I tried to install the WLAN driver used in the first Win7 installation but a notice popped up, stating no compatible hardware found.

Going into device manager, all of the devices are accounted for beside the WLAN mini card. There's a double posting of the CPU. Don't think the N270 is a duo core... There were two unknown Base System Devices that Win 7 couldn't update the driver automatically. I'd assume one of them, is the WLAN mini card. However, with the driver from mini 12 fail to install, what should I do to install the WLAN driver?

I looked up the properties of those two Base System Devices. Both of their locations are PCI bus 2, device 0; one of them is function 0 and the other is 3. The status for both devices is "The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28)." Please help.
  (#2) Old
Default 06-29-2010, 11:35 AM

The N270 has Hyperthreading. which makes it look to the OS like dual-core.

What brand and model WiFi card do you have?

See driver list here: Windows 7 - Ultimate Drivers list and installation

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM

This is embarrassing, took me over a week to figure this out... The problem was I disabled the WLAN when I was disabling the Bluetooth in the BIOS. Curse these fat fingers. Small wonder why it wasn't working

« Dead battery or not? | Maxed out writes to 16G stec SSD? »