Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default dell mini w/ vonage companion - 01-05-2009, 09:00 PM

okay.. odd issue, hoping for anyhelp here - so far both dell and vonage have been useless, both just pointing the finger at each other!

with my dell mini, i ordered a bluetooth headset and upgraded my vonage account to vonage pro -- basically allowing me to use the "vonage companion" on my mini. (companion is just there custom voip client)

problem here, is that when connected with the internal wifi card, sound will not transmit (voice in or out) - but otherwise the call connects and otherwise works fine (stays connected til hung up, etc)

if i plug in the dell mini to a hard wire to the router, everything works fine. other wireless computers in my house work fine, so i know it's not a router/network issue. there appears to be *something* about the wireless network adapter causeing this issue.

I've already tried three different flavors of the broadcom drivers, 2 4.x and the lastest 5.x version (from hp) to no avail.

wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and has resolved it. i'm thinking of ordering the 1505 a/b/g card to upgrade this one, but hoping someone else could confirm if that would work or not.

thanks a lot
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default Re: dell mini w/ vonage companion - 01-05-2009, 09:45 PM ... tm#1298310

I would suggest you confirm that the Bluetooth Collaboration under the advanced tab of your Dell Wireless driver is set to enable...

(#3) Old
Default Re: dell mini w/ vonage companion - 01-05-2009, 11:59 PM

thank for the reply, but didn't do the trick. I'm tried adjusting a few of those settings already (albiet, mostly at random, as i've never really needed to tweak them before -- the defaults have always worked just fine previously)

as added information, it is not a blue tooth issue, i get the identical results if i try a wired headset (using the onboard sound card with the 1/8" jack plugins for mic/headphones)

i also tried a usb wife dongle i had laying around, and using that, everything worked perfectly.

the only common thread to this issue, is the physical wifi card in my mini..

(i've also tested on my wife's mini - identical results).
  (#4) Old
Default Re: dell mini w/ vonage companion - 01-08-2009, 05:51 AM

My brother uses vonage. He was visiting this weekend.

He had his acer aspire one and he was using vonage with a usb connection. It worked perfectly with acer through my wireless network.

He then tried my dell mini using the wireless and it worked perfectly with vonage usb connection. He had no problems

Then we did a test of the WWAN on my mini 9 using vonage and it worked great.

Anyway I don't know much about vonage but it does work with a least one mini 9 and one acer one.

My brother purchased the acer one just to use with vonage.

Hope this helps.

« SD card with important documents lost format | My Runcore SSD arrived without a USB cable »