Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Send a message via MSN to Matt
Default Replacement charger for mini 9 - 05-23-2010, 12:34 AM

I bought my mini back in the UK back in late '08, started traveling at the start of last year now my charger is dead, well to be more specific the cord is nearly in two different pieces. I'm currently in Melbourne, Australia and knowing that the dell don't do the mini 9 here can I purchase one a charger for one of the other mini's and use that as a replacement?

(#2) Old
Default 05-23-2010, 01:06 AM

I don't think the one for the Mini 10 will, but my son won't be home until late tonight with his Mini 10 to verify. I bought one on line that is made by Targus (Model # PA-1900-04) which works. It came with several different sized plugs.

I'll update this post in the morning on the Mini 10. He just arrived & it does fit. As a side note, 3 other company employees & a customer at the remote site wanted to know if his Mini 10 was company provided. One went off to Best Buy that night to get one but they were out of stock. It has been real handy for traveling.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#3) Old
Default 05-23-2010, 03:26 AM

Go to Dick Smiths, or one of the other larger electrical stores, and try their various adaptors. I think one of the Acer ones is virtually identical except it has the "brick" in the middle. You need to check out the voltage requirements etc.
  (#4) Old
Default Charger - 05-23-2010, 04:22 AM

I've used the charger from the mini 10 on the mini 9 and also the 9 charger on the mini 10

« Richarge battery without notebook | Vostro a90 SSD failed...again. »