Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth issue - 01-03-2009, 07:57 AM

I ordered an internal bluetooth card from dell last week i finally got it took the computer apart and put it in and decided i would redo the OS because i was trying out osx. The XP install would hang every time in one section so i looked it up and MS said to disable BT and other items so i disabled BT only booted and install no problem. I go in to the Bios and enable it and now windows won't boot i take the keyboard off and unplug or disable in bios boots like normal.

Is there something i am doing wrong. I plugged it in with the orange wire closest to me which looks right in pictures.

I am going to install linux and see if has the same issue. I was wondering if i should call dell and tell them they sent me a defective part.

Also i compared to the picture in the adding gps guide which has a super closeup of it and everything is exactly the same on that side as the on in the pic, so it is the right device
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to GerallK
Default Re: Bluetooth issue - 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM

If you've got the orientation of the plug correct, then it's probably a dud part...

I've been under the hood of my mini quite a lot and have moved the BT unit back and forth. Never had a problem re-installing any of my Linux-based OSs on it.

Good luck!

Obsidian Mini 9 > 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam, us-intl kbd
Internal Mods > usb hub, 16gb flash drive, 8gb flash drive, added webcam, changed kbd
Software Mods > Dellbuntu 8.04.1 | Gentoo 2008.0
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Bluetooth issue - 01-04-2009, 06:36 AM

I think i figured it out I ran ubuntu trial thing and bt works great I was using a nlite version of windows and i guess that was the issue i redid a nlite version with all the stuff with bt still not working did a full xp cd and worked just fine.

« Vista WI-FI DRIVERS | Runcore 64gb Issue »