Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Mini Won't Even Turn On - 01-08-2009, 12:51 AM

I had wondered about where one goes to sign up for Computrace if you wanted it. The answer is

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Mini Won't Even Turn On - 01-08-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by sirmeili
One simple use for f-11 is making FF or IE (not sure about the other browsers) go completely full screen. This is especially nice on a screen as small as the mini9's
For anyone who is not familiar with this, it is actually "kiosk mode" and is different from maximizing the window. It allows even more of the screen to be used by the browser (title bar is removed for example), and as sirmeili points out, this is rather handy with our tiny screens!

Black Mini 9 2GB/64GB - XP
White Mini 9 2GB/4GB - UNR 9.10
  (#13) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Dr Some-what Evil
Default Re: Mini Won't Even Turn On - 01-08-2009, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by holmes4
I had wondered about where one goes to sign up for Computrace if you wanted it. The answer is
Thanks Steve, I also found this in a FAQ about computrace on KU Medical Center site.

Q. What happens if the computer’s hard drive is removed?

A. On most our newer, standard Dell and Hewlett-Packard laptops, CompuTrace is embedded into the BIOS. If the hard drive is removed, CompuTrace is persistent and will re-install itself onto any hard drive that is inserted into the PC.

WOW!!! So I guess the only way to get around it after its been enabled is to go back to a earlier version of the BIOS before it was installed/enabled then try to install the newer version again and select it to be deactivated permanently. This is just my guess about it all and I could very well be wrong.

STEC 8 gig SSD
RAM 2Gig 800Mhz.
WWAN parts in place
Fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Gigabyte b,g & n WiFi card that works
Sony DVD ROM/CD burner in slimline external case
Planned upgrades; 16 gig STEC SSD, Internal Bluetooth and Black Lid
  (#14) Old
Default Re: Mini Won't Even Turn On - 01-17-2009, 12:43 PM

Well, my mini was gone and back in just over a week. They put a new mother board in and its running great. I did update to bios A04, but I am still having that start up resolution problem which everyone says is fixed. Anyone know why this might be?

« keydebounce | Chemical Smell »