Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Angry no audio!! - 04-28-2010, 05:31 PM

so I have dell mini 9 with xp and I cannot get the audio to work. I have tried everything that I can possibly think of. so when I go in to the control panel to check the audio device it says everything is working properly but it will not allow me to make and adjustments to the audio setup and says there is no device. so I then tried to download the realtek driver for the particular setup and it goes through the process and says everything downloaded successfully and needs to restart for the driver to work. after the restart it seems as if nothing has changed and still no audio. the little audio icon is nowhere to be found and when i go in to the sounds and audio devices again the realtek driver is not even in the options but it is in the add remover hardware folder. this is driving me nuts and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions that would be excellent. thanks -Matt
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 04-28-2010, 07:45 PM

I use the SRS sound drivers and apps from Dell on my Mini 10, not sure if they work on a Mini 9 but you could try it...

PS. Welcome to the forum...........

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#3) Old
Default 06-23-2010, 05:19 PM

I have the same problem with my Mini 9. My daughter uses it for Disney games and I found out that the earphone jack works even though the speakers mostly do not produce sound. I plugged a $5 pair of foldeing speakers in and it works for her. Funny solution, but I realy do not use sound on my Mini. Probably a driver issue, but not worth the trouble
  (#4) Old
Default 07-09-2010, 01:30 AM

your blog is good,laptop battery,welcome to my site.

« help, dead mini 9, black screen, 3 beeps | PCIe transplant into wwan possible? »