Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Display: Words on top of other words - 03-31-2010, 11:33 PM

Mini 9 Ubuntu and Firefox: Web sites show lines of words on top of other lines. Also the bottom of a line might be cut off, so only the top edge of the line of words shows.

Big problem: pop-ups can't be closed because the bottom of the window (containing the "close" button) is cut off, and the pop-up window won't move around on the underlying window.
  (#2) Old
Default 04-01-2010, 01:15 AM

Welcome to the forums.

First issue sounds like a font size/web site problem. Try reducing the "min font size" under "prefs > content > fonts & colors > advanced".

As for the second issue, try: "alt+spacebar" to bring up the window's context menu then "Move Titlebar onscreen"; or "alt+F4" as the keyboard shortcut to close a window; or hold Alt then drag the window with the mouse to bring it onscreen.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 04-01-2010, 05:18 PM

OMIGOSH You Solved It! The default size was 20, so I changed it to 14 and the windows are perfect! This may also fix the pop-ups; next time one is on the screen I will find out.
Also, I had a long-running problem Sending mail in Evolution. It wouldn't let me use my normal SMTP settings. Easy solution: Download Mozilla Thunderbird. No more problem.
Now I really like this Mini 9. It's exactly what I had hoped it would be.

« F2 wifi on/off | Mobile Broadband 5530 Windows 7 problem »