Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Having some issues with a new SSD... - 03-30-2010, 06:41 PM

First of all, I want to say hi, and thanks. This is my first post, but I have been lurking for a long time and used a lot of the info off these forums. A lot of you people have been a ton of help.

But now I'm stuck.

I'm trying to upgrade my Dad's Dell Mini 9. Came stock with 1g of ram, 4gb ssd and Windows Xp. He wanted more space and juice so installed 2 gigs of ram, and we got a 16 GB ssd.

Everything is installed now. I made a USB Boot disk of XP, and have installed XP. I can get to the desktop with the usb stick plugged in, and remove it once I'm there, and the computer works great. I can read and write to the ssd, I have all my drivers and updates installed.

The problem is when I try and turn on the computer without the stick drive plugged in, I get this message:

"Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware.
Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and our hardware reference manuals for additional information."

Any thoughts?
  (#2) Old
Default 04-06-2010, 08:28 AM

You may not have made the C drive bootable - suggest to try again with the installation. There may be a way to rescue the boot drive but it's been a while since I troubleshot these problems only can suggest google the problem.

« Mobile Broadband 5530 Windows 7 problem | replaced screen, now white screen/won't boot »