Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default SSD Died - 03-27-2010, 07:35 AM

So I closed my lid right after I pressed shut down, and closing the lid causes it to sleep so I assume it went to sleep as it was shutting down (the LED was blinking.) I tried turning it back on but the screen remained blank so I force-turned it off, but it wouldn't turn back on (BIOS says no OS found.) I tried reformatting it with the Windows disk as well as Ubuntu, but it wouldn't work.

What should I do? Should I get a costly replacement SSD or sell my netbook as is?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-27-2010, 10:45 AM

I suppose it depends on what you would do next. If you use the 9 a lot, buy a new SSD. Check the For Sale section where sometimes you can find one. If not, then try selling it as-is, realizing that it won't go for much.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 04-08-2010, 04:35 AM

Had something similar happen to me. Worked fine for a while then within that first year the SSD just gave out. I was mad, to be sure. Dell replaced it for free but just barely as I was close to warranty.

Pretty aggravating.

(#4) Old
Default 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM

So I bought a new Super Talent 16GB for about $50 and it's doing well, and now I feel like upgrading the wireless to Intel 5100.

« Any Extra Webcam Assembly cables? | Dell mni 9 win 7 drivers? »