Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default 8 Cell Battery not recognized with BIOS A04 - 02-28-2010, 09:51 AM

My Mini 9 is running XP SP3 with BIOS A04, the stock battery charges fine (thank goodness!).
I bought the new Better-Power 8 cell battery (This one -> Better-Power 5200mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Vostro A90 Netbooks Better-Power 5200mAh Replacement battery for DELL Inspiron Mini9 Detail Page). It charged fine the first time I charged it. However, now when I try to charge it the power light stays on for a minute or so, then both lights start blinking. When I boot the machine it says the battery is not recognized.

The notes for the battery where I bought said: "Note: This battery is compatible with Dell Mini 9 BIOS A05, A06, or earlier as well as Vostro A90 PCs running A04 or earlier."
I'm running A04. So it should work, right? Based on what I've been reading, the problems with 3rd party batteries didn't crop back up until A05.
I don't think I have a motherboard or A/C adapter issue because it is charging the stock battery.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM

I have this same battery and no problems with A04 or A06. Even A04 would complain about other non-Dell batteries but you could tell it to ignore the problem and charge anyway. With the Better-Power battery, my 9 doesn't flash the LEDs at all and it charges fine.

Contact the seller and ask about an exchange.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

8 cell, battery, battery not charging, mini9

« SSD Problems after OS X...Any Help? | Mini 9 Won't Boot »