Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 Hard drive - 02-09-2010, 05:32 PM

Hey there, I recently on my Dell Mini 9 got the dreaded error from XP saying that the operating system cannot be found. I was planning on trying Windows 7 anyway so I decided now would be a good a time as any.

Well, when I get to the bit where I choose where I want to install windows I get the error, "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu."

I've looked into the BIOS and can't find any such option. I also ran the Dell Diagnostic program I found on one of my driver disks and that couldn't read or write to the drive at all.

Anybody know what I can do?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-09-2010, 06:08 PM

It sounds as if your SSD failed. Either that or you did not select the SSD as the disk to install to.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 02-10-2010, 12:56 PM

Yea', the 14GB drive was the only option to install to, and I wasn't able to create a new partition on there using the in-build Windows 7 tools, or the diskpart.exe utility in CMD.

I'm guessing you're right about the SSD failing ='(

« Help! Speakers not working? | Mini 9 making odd noises »