Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Wi-Fi problems - 12-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Probably something stupid on my end, but here goes:

The Wi-Fi on my Mini (Linux) was working fine with both my home network and out in the field. But now it's having problems connecting. It will see the wireless networks, but will fail to connect. Every now and then it will connect briefly, but then it quickly looses connection (signal strength goes down to 0%). I now can't connect to my home network (even though it shows full strength in the Network manager) or even outside networks (I tested it at the library. No go.).

The odd thing is that I haven't changed anything (or I think I haven't) and it does see the networks and it can briefly connect (although rarely). Any ideas? Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Wi-Fi problems - 12-22-2008, 09:39 PM

Although I run OS X on the Mini, I run Ubuntu (8.10) on my laptop, and I get this behaviour occasionally there. No amount of reconnecting works, until I restart the wireless router. Have yet to find a cause/solution for it.

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Wi-Fi problems - 12-23-2008, 02:34 AM

OK. More issues. Sometimes it doesn't even see any wireless (the network manager doesn't show any wireless networks and in the manual configuration there isn't even a wireless option). When this has happened before, I've just rebooted and it then can at least see the networks (but still can't connect).

I'm really starting to think that I screwed something up. I have been deleting some stuff to free up disk space (games, etc.), but maybe I did something I shouldn't have?

« my dell mini 9 gets frozen !! | Skype for Ubuntu problem »