Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 Eating SSD's - 01-25-2010, 05:06 AM

Well i have bought 3 Supertalent 16gb SSD and all of them have failed. I am currently in the process of the 4th RMA for my mini 9. I am not sure if it could be something in the computer overvoltaging these SSD's and causing them to fail or they are just defective. They work for about 3 weeks of use and then i go to boot and i get the Ethernet error basically saying it cant find an OS. I then boot of of a OSX DVD and it doesn't recognize the ssd to install an OS to giving me the conclusion that they are bad. When i put my stock SSD with Ubuntu back in it boots up and works perfectly. Any ideas?
  (#2) Old
Default 01-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Try this. Put a piece of electrical tape over the mounting holes on the underside of the SSD circuit board, to insulate it from the mounting post. Some RunCore drives had an issue with this - perhaps the SuperTalent drives do too. I doubt it's actually a problem in the Mini.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 01-31-2010, 07:52 PM

Ok i sent out the RMA on thursday and i will see if that will help me on the next one. Thanks for the help

« Need someone to do a test for me. | new mini freezes(windows xp) »