Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Wifi issue, please help. =\ - 01-22-2010, 02:50 PM

So to make a long, stupid story short...

I wanted to replace my wifi card as the one that came with my Mini9 would stop working after a few minutes. In the process of trying to remove the old card, I stripped a screw, pain and tears were involved, and I finally got it removed without damage to the motherboard, but the palmrest/topcase managed to get half of a magazine superglued to it. (Yes, seriously.)

So, got a refurbed palmrest, and everything works fine in that aspect. Ordered a refurb Wifi card, hook up the antenna (black wire goes towards RAM, correct?) and the card shows up in device manager, but I can never find any wireless networks. I got frustrated last night and stopped messing with it after a few reboots and reseats, but I'm going to troubleshoot it as a software issue first and reinstall the driver, but I don't think that's the issue. What can I check antenna wise to make sure that it wasn't damaged at some point? Best case scenario is a jacked up card I suppose, and hopefully I can get an exchange.

Running Win7, BTW.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-22-2010, 03:18 PM

There should be two antenna wires. The order of connection does not matter. You might have damaged the antenna connector - they are fragile.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Wi-fi problem | Yet another battery issue »