Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Exclamation No audio mixer device, not getting any sounds - 12-23-2009, 10:15 AM

I re-installed a Win XP lite (some stripped out .iso) on my mini weeks ago, because I only use it for facebook browsing I didn't notice the sound driver was being installed till my mom was asking to watch videos on it.

Basically there is no Audio Mixer Device installed, and seems like the device manager doesnt want to find it for me. I followed bunch of guides and threads and still couldnt find out how to fix it.
  • I have tried downloading the dell's realtek driver and the realtek's original driver. Installed it, nothing happened.
  • I have used the service.msc and restart the Windows Audio bunch of times. It was on originally so I guess nothing was wrong with it.
  • I removed the audio/video driver one by one, reboot, and let the scan hardware to enable everything. nothing.
Before anyone say it's fried, I have use the hardware diagnosis, and the bloody sound works with speaker and audio jack. Just won't work in Windows because it is disabled somehow, and no way to enable it. Help?

I have three "Other devices" in the device manager, Ethernet Controller, PCI Device, and a Unknown Device. Could the unknown PCI device lead anywhere? I have installed the chip driver also, but it doesnt want to find itself.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-23-2009, 03:20 PM

So you installed a pirated copy of XP for which you have no clue how it was constructed, and now have problems. Hmmm.... What to do, what to do....

My advice would be to reinstall XP from a legitimate and licensed CD and see if it works.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 12-24-2009, 01:06 AM

ofc it will work, it was the previous OS, as I said the hardware is fine.

reinstalled with OEM disk, it works now. damn the XP lite OS for not loading the driver's .exe that could be the reason why.

Holmes4, delete this thread if you want, since it dont help contributing the forum.

« Mini 9 wont boot up blank screen but lit LED | Faulty display or Cable???? »