Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default touchpad not responsive after certain use or after moving the laptop - 12-20-2009, 07:14 PM

Has anyone experienced the following?

After certain amount of use and after moving the laptop around, the touchpad become unresponsive. It only moves in a stepwise motion either horizontally or vertically. It can be solved by putting the mini to sleep and waking it up again. However there must be a better way.

I did install the new version of the synaptics driver, but it is still happening. I even install windows 7 to see if it fixes the issue, but it didn't. I might have a defective touchpad, but I really hate to have to deal with Dell customer service and explain the situation (it is still under warranty).
  (#2) Old
Default 12-21-2009, 01:39 AM

I don't know. If it's really responsive to physical movement, then I'd guess that there's a loose connector somewhere.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default 12-21-2009, 03:12 AM

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think that it is a loose connection since I can fix it by putting it to sleep and waking it up.

« Strange problem (windows see's 2nd monitor that not there) | Mini 9 wont boot up blank screen but lit LED »