Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Auo Log On and disabled Administrator account - 12-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by viffer800 View Post
I hope someone can help me overcome a problem I have created for myself.

I set up auto logon using Start, Run, Control userpasswords2 for a specific account in my name. That works fine which is good. The problem I now have is that I had removed that account from the Administrators Group. I had also previously set a password on the default Administrator account but when I try to switch users the system won't accept that password so I now only have access to a Limited User account.

I use XP SP3. NB- I have a disk copy of the SSD before I was a pillock so I could potentially overwrite the SSD HD but I can't run the restore programme as a limited user. Could I remove the SSD and somehow connect it to my separate desktop PC and restore it as a temporary external drive?

I have also tried the steps suggested on the following page but wasn't successful.

Can anyone suggest any other solutions or work around please.

Many thanks

Stop Press!!!

The Pogostick thing worked after a few more goes so it is sorted.

That link is worth adding to your favourites as it might come in handy for you or your friends
  (#2) Old
Default 12-21-2009, 01:42 AM

Glad you got it working.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

« Mini9 cuts out after plugging in AC power | Strange problem (windows see's 2nd monitor that not there) »