Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Unhappy Won't boot from USB - 12-03-2009, 05:46 AM

This is kind of driving me crazy and I can't figure it out.

I can't get my Dell Mini 9 to boot from a USB drive. Any USB drive, and I've tried multiple versions of multiple operating systems. I can get other PC's to boot from the drives, but not my dell mini. I can install from an external CD drive though, and right now I'm running Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10

My USB Legacy Support is enabled in the BIOS, and I've disabled and renabled it. Still, everytime I try to boot from a USB Flash drive or external USB HD - I get "No operating system found". The USB ports work fine in Ubuntu normally...

So what the hell, does this make any sense?
  (#2) Old
Default 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM

I have a mini9 with XP, A01 bios, and I spent a few hours yesterday trying to set it up with OSx, but I couldn't get the mini to boot off of USB flash drives and I couldn't get it to boot off of CD. I tried 4 different flash drives.

This morning I updated the bios to A04, and I've successfully had it boot off of two of the flash drives that didn't work yesterday.

hope this helps.
  (#3) Old
Default 12-03-2009, 10:23 PM

It came with A04 on it, and it does boot from CD - hence the confusion. Thanks though!

boot problems, usb

« Screen Shaking | BSOD - Atapi.sys driver (not OSX install) »