Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Arrow Monitor suddenly not turning-off anymore - 10-23-2009, 09:44 PM

Well, this probably isn't the "standard question" that would fit into the "Hardware Issues / Problems" section, but anyway, since monitor is basically a hardware component of a netbook as a whole...

As the thread's title says, I am having problem where monitor doesn't want to turn-off anymore (it's set to do it after 5 min., as specified under "Turn off monitor" drop-down menu in "Power Options" applet in Control Panel), namely, it does turn-off for a fraction of second, but then it's turned-on again.

This behavior reminds me (and is very similar to) on a situation with screen saver on my desktop computer. You see, it was when I was using some old (and a bit broken) mouse, and if I didn't placed it correctly on launching the screen saver (i.e. in this case the pointer was slowly - in small steps, like for one pixel per second - into some direction), then after it was activated, it similarly exited after a fraction of second.

Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem?? Any ideas on what could be the cause (obviously it can't be mouse's fault since I don't use it, and I also assume that it isn't TouchPad's fault) for this??

Thanks in advance, satyr

Check out my website at this address: if you are maybe interested in my computing-related articles, discoveries, hints, principles, and rules.

monitor, power options, screen, turn-off, turn-on

« WiFi problem: non broadcasting SIDS | ntldr error on new xp install »