Can I salvage my min? The one with BIOS A05, OS X.6.1, touchscreen and fingerprint scanner. Oonly the webcam was broken, everything else worked fine.
I had it open to test the cam cable for correct connections, assembled it OK (or so I think).
Next day, touchscreen is not responding. I open it, check and move TS cables, and have it intermittently working, with many reboots. Finally it decide to leave it at that while it works, I had found no obvious faults.
Then I apply some thermal paste (MX-2, electrically non-conductive) to the three heater :-) chips, put it all together again.
Now the problems start.
- normal boot 1-2 mm of progress bar appear, then its gone, then about 30 seconds with the grey apple & spinner, then shuts down.
- USB no longer appears in boot menu
- no booting from sticks
- unplugging the touchscreen from the motherboard: no difference.
- removing the SSD
and boot from stick.
- safe boot -x: progress bar appears grows 1 mm of, then its gone, mini hangs without spinner. Gave up after 15 min.
- safe boot -x -F: ditto
- dis-/reenabled USB in BIOS
- set BIOS to defaults, then back to the prev working configuration
- manually toggled all BIOS settings from diagnostic screen down, and back
- dis-/reconnected buffer battery with all other power.
What could have gone wrong? And how can I fix it? I have another mobo where probably the power management is fried, so there might be a chance in transplanting some black bugs... The hope dies last.
Thanks for all input!