Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Support and SSDs - 10-10-2009, 10:55 PM

Hi guys,

My Mini is saying "Operating System Not Found" and I've read the other thread and suspect the SSD has gone.

If I call Dell Tech Support will they send me a new SSD?

BTW When I enter my service tag on the Dell site it says it was shipped on the 20 October, so I assume that's when the warranty expires?

Thanks guys
  (#2) Old
Default 10-10-2009, 11:42 PM

The Dell web site should tell you when your warranty expires, but the ship date is certainly a good indication. Dell may send you a new SSD or may ask you to return the whole Mini. Do call them.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 10-10-2009, 11:54 PM

make sure to contact them first....
i sent my shot 16gb in with all contact info and computer info. asking them to look at it, somehow it just disappeared. since i didnt contact them first, im sol.

if it were me, id contact them, then theyll ask to send the whole unit in, then id take the numbers given or whatever and only send in the ssd, while i waited for my new runcore, then use the return as a back up or xtra memory. jmo.

then again, you see how it worked out the last time i did something....
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM

In my case, I requested an SSD sent and it was sent overnight. I did not want to risk scratches or being mishandled. When you contact them less is more. Don't offer more info than needed as it confuses them.

Installed refurbished SSD and sent back with included shipping label. Jotted down tracking number as well.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#5) Old
Default 10-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Well I've called them several times and keep getting sent to the ubuntu department, which never answer. I'm so angry with their rubbish offshore support.

« Help: Dell System Restoration Disks Lost | top LID replacement. needs further guide. help? »