Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to TchnclFl
Default Card Reader Issues - 10-03-2009, 04:43 PM

I'm having some issues with the card reader. I'm currently running Windows XP SP3. If I boot up with a card in the reader, then it will be recognized by Windows and I can use it fine, but if I remove the card and reinsert it, it will not be recognized. I have a program that monitors hard drive activity, and it definitely does something when I insert the card, but it doesn't show up. Any ideas? I have not yet tested it in other operating systems, but I'll probably try it in puppy linux soon and tell you how that works.

EDIT: So I figured something out. If I go into device manager, and then disable and re enable "JMB38X SD/MMC Host Controller", then it will recognize the card I have inserte. It would still be nice to not have to do this every time though..

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

PROBLEM SOLVED. If I "Safely remove" the card before removing it from the computer, then it will recognize it upon reinsertion. Thanks!

« Repeatedly Dropping Bluetooth connection with iPhone 3G/3.0 | Can't enter BIOS »