Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default SSD thinks it works but it doesn't? - 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM

Right, in the BIOS my SSD is showing up correctly; just under 8gb, I get a "Boot error has occured press ctrl alt delete to restart", in windows xp install I get a <cannot access this volume> or something similar, if I try to run the built in diagnostics it says "disk error", and no other usb boot diagnostics will touch it, any command in dos says there's no volume there.

So why does the bios recognise it? I've tried reseating it with no luck, and I don't know if I'm legible for the warranty since I bought it second hand today, but it has 40 day left according to the website?

Anywhere in the U.K. I can get a cheap SSD? I don't need more than 8gb really..

Also, the service tag in my bios, bottom of the laptop, AND on the box are all the same, and yet do not match up on the dell website. It thinks that it's some old 486 machine =/
  (#2) Old
Default 09-21-2009, 12:33 PM

My SSD went bad (twice) and it still was reported in the BIOS correctly. Were you given the drivers and utilities disk with your mini? You can boot the diagnostic tools from that.

I have no idea if the warranty is transferable in such an instance. You don't have much to lose to call dell support and try.

« Powerfeng 77wh batterytimes very much reduced recently :( | wan slot included make mini 9 wan functional? »