Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 Power Button Broken - 08-27-2009, 08:12 AM

In the process of installing a touchscreen earlier today I accidently broke the ribbon cable linking the power button to the mainboard. I attempted to fix the ribbon and succeeded, then put together my machine and used it for about an hour. Then, the button went into permanent depressed mode and I had to open the machine and recheck the electric connections. Since I couldn't get the ribbon to reliably work again, I tried to solder directly to the pins on the port, which worked but in the process of moving the wires to a secure spot the pins broke off.

Is there a way to software power-on the dell mini? Or does anyone have any idea how to turn on the mini 9 via some other location other than the power button port?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just recently setup mac on this system and began to love it dearly till this happened

« Video stability sucks on Win7 RTM 945 driver | Geekbench Scores on OSX Consistently Low »