Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth Dialup Networking Problem - 08-15-2009, 05:24 PM

I've spent an inordinate amount of time on this and can't find any other instance of the same problem anywhere on this site or Google - so I'm hoping someone here may see something I'm missing. I am trying to get my Dell Mini to recognize my LG Muziq cell phone via bluetooth in order to use dialup networking. (DUN) This actually worked without a problem at one time, but ever since I reinstalled Windows XP on my Mini 9, I have not been able to get it to work. Anytime I try to set up a connection, I get the error "This device does not support Dial Up Networking." What's stranger is that even when booting to Ubuntu 9.04, when I check the services offered by the phone the "DUN" profile isn't listed. (using the command "sdptool search -bdaddr xx:xx:xx:xx DUN") Also, I tried another LG Muziq phone that I have access to, and I get the same errors. Also, I can successfully connect my phone to another laptop with bluetooth DUN - so it can't be the phone. Also, I've tried Dell's standard bluetooth driver, as well as the hacked one in the ultimate driver section of this site without success.

I simply don't understand what the problem could possibly be. If it was just a weird Windows error, why does Ubuntu not show bluetooth DUN either? If it's hardware, why did it work right before I reinstalled Windows. I'm at a complete loss here, and would really appreciate any insights anyone may have. Thanks.

« Pixel wierdness on Mini 9 | Sending A90 in for repair: what can I expect? »