Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Screen frame alignment issues - 07-20-2009, 09:31 PM

So I just got my refurb dell 910 and I love it! but I have noticed one thing that I would like to fix. The screen mounts are not aligned right, the left hinge is lower than the right hinge. Its causing the plastic to rub together right by the lower left part of the screen.

Does anyone know of a way to repair this? I am going to start taking it apart via the Dell manuals to see if there is a shim or something missing on that side.

Any help would be great.

(#2) Old
Default 07-20-2009, 11:22 PM

I don't remember a shim, but it's straightforward, if a bit time-consuming, to disassemble the Mini to the point where you can get at the hinges.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 07-20-2009, 11:28 PM

Ok, I got the whole thing apart, I loosened the screws that hold the hinges onto the frame and then moved the hinges down on the left and up on the right and then tightened them down. I am going to see if there is anything on the main body of the computer that can be adjusted also.

« Running OSX 10.5.7 and can't connect to WRT610N | Does a Wi-Fi/ SIM card combo exist? »