Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default I need help... - 07-20-2009, 06:32 PM

First of all I do not understand much about computers. So I need help in laimans terms.
Here is what happened:
My internet was not working and I also wanted to clear all my history. Long story short, I went to the Ubuntu symbol and scrolled down to "System" then to "Administration" and to "Services".
Those of you who know a lot about computers make think I am a complete idiot for what I did next, but please I promise to ever again try and do things myself if you hep me!
I selected Services, and proceeded to UNCHECK EVERYTHING listed there, even when it asked if I was sure....
Now when I start up my computer it says "Internal Error failed to initialize HAL!"
And if I try and connect to the internet or access anything it says "The configuration could not be loaded. You are not alowed to access the system configuration(or whatever I am trying to access)"
I tried to look up how to restore everything to factory settings, but honestly, it was like reading chinese to me.
Any help GREATLY apreciated!!

factory settings

« SSD dead | Failed SSD - but diagnostics say 'OK'? »