Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default 01-07-2010, 11:26 AM

Thanks Again
I was starting to go for the defective SSD,there does'nt seem to be a great deal of info about this problem,or a least a solution to it,I will take you advice and get a copy of ubuntu on a pen drive and give that a try,hopefully then a new SSD will fix it,i'll keep you informed and thanks again.
  (#12) Old
Default 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Holmes4...tried a unbutu disc in external drive,no joy,tried an older version that I've had a long time,and it runs off the disc no internet and sound but not got the drivers on,i think it's safe to say that my SSD has passed away,I've seen some on ebay uk in Sweden that come ready for windows 7,anybody used them or got any info..and thanks again for you invaluable help,ebay here I come....
  (#13) Old
Default 01-07-2010, 05:24 PM

Since you have a Mini 9, you need an SSD specifically made for the Mini 9/Vostro A90. These are available from several manufacturers, but personally I would stick with RunCore or Super Talent (making sure you get the newer ST model.) It is a 50mm MiniPCIe card with an IDE/PATA interface.

I don't know what "ready for Windows 7" means, specifically, unless it's support of TRIM.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#14) Old
Default 01-07-2010, 09:43 PM

I first must say I know little!!
I kept having Dell tell me my SSD was fried and they would send a refurbished.They did preloaded refurbished 8GB SSD
So for 20 bucks I thought I'd purchase a PCIe mini SSD enclosure fromMDD.I did a format with it on the fried SSD,put it in my mini 9 and it works just fine.
For 20.00 you may try it, there in stock no waiting except mail.

« Mini 9 Killing SSD | Wifi 'Killed in connection' after upgrade SSD »