Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Windows Xp Problem - 06-28-2009, 02:49 PM

So as I was looking through my system information on my mini 9, i tripped and accidently pressed a bunch of buttons on my keyboard. Now everytime i click on my computer in windows xp, it does not show the side options menu that says stuff like view system, view harddrive space, etc. now it just look like a whole bunch of folders. Can anyone help me get it back to normal?

Dell Mini 9:
-8 gig SSD
-8 gig SDHC
-My Book 500 gig External Harddrive
-Logitech V20 Speakers(Best notebook speakers ever!!)
  (#2) Old
Default 06-28-2009, 04:03 PM

try clicking on the "show folders" (i think thats the name) button... its on the toolbar at the top. looks like a folder.

it alternates between the view you want and the folder tree view.
im running windows7 atm and am o/s so cant check my xp machine/laptop to confirm. but ive had this prob before and clicked everywhere to find it lol
  (#3) Old
Default 07-01-2009, 10:36 PM

If I understand your dilemna, then this is what you are seeing when you say you don't have the "side options menu", right?

And you want to get back to seeing it this way, with the options on the left, right?

If so, then you need to open My Tools...then Folder Options...and this will be the window that should pop up.

You'll want the first option "Show common tasks in folders" to be checked, as it is in the red box. That should restore the options over on the side.

Hope that solves it.
  (#4) Old
Default 07-01-2009, 10:40 PM

On a side note, I just noticed you mentioned having the Logitech V20 speakers...and it looks like you really like them? I was considering picking a pair of those up actually, but wasn't sure... HP makes some smaller ones, but I bet they sound smaller too, which is why I lean back towards the V20s. So they really put out some decent volumne? Not lookin to rock the walls or anything, but just actually HEAR everything versus the built-ins, heh... thanks for any info/recommendations you could offer!!

dell mini, win xp, problems

« HDD Indicator | Connecting my dell mini to my Phillips tv »