Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#21) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Honestly, I use mine in the bathroom quite a bit as well. I need to be careful though as my legs fall asleep eventually. It beats having a stack of magazines for reading material.
  (#22) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 11:17 PM

I use mine for pretty much everything outside of the office.

Surfing the net on the couch, working from home, doing uni assignments, taking it away on holidays, whatever really.

the person that complained about being a touch typist and therefore not being able to use the keyboard, just sit down and spend the time learning the layout. I can now type just as quickly on the mini as I can on a fullsized keyboard, and can type almost as quickly one-handed.

All it takes is a bit of time to get used to it and then you'll be flying.
  (#23) Old
Default 07-21-2009, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Honestly, I use mine in the bathroom quite a bit as well. I need to be careful though as my legs fall asleep eventually. It beats having a stack of magazines for reading material.

Note to self: Do not buy used computer from XJ-linux
  (#24) Old
Smile "Note to self: Do not buy used computer from XJ-linux" - 08-19-2009, 05:14 AM

"That noteBOOK had been Flagged!"
  (#25) Old
Default 08-19-2009, 07:26 AM

I use it for everything except burning and encoding movies or music. Nor modern gaming. My MONSTER INSPIRON 1720 with 2x500GB internal hdds and 1TB external hdd takes care of the rest. My sig may give you an idea of I use my mini9 for. All emulated games on my mini are run through SDHC cards.

Dell Mini Inspiron 910 32GB RunCore SSD, 2GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
Dell Inspiron 1720 2x 1TB HDD, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate
  (#26) Old
Default 08-21-2009, 12:44 PM

I bought it as a toy, but recently made a career change and entered the IT industry as a computer/network tech. The machine has been amazingly useful. I carry around a bag of networking tools and a small Targus netbook carry bag with my Mini9.
  (#27) Old
Default 08-21-2009, 08:53 PM

besides some light old school gaming. I use it in bed alot. I take it to the gf's alot or if I am traveling anywhere. My newest and largest use is that my mini9 has a spot in my home made dslr camera bag so I can just quick transfer the SD card and review/tweak/upload pics. Insanely useful in that regard
  (#28) Old
Default 08-21-2009, 09:29 PM

As a constant reminder to never, ever, ever order anything from Dell ever again, since they can't seem to ship it.
  (#29) Old
Default 08-22-2009, 12:48 PM

I'm a motorcycle instructor and the Mini 9 is perfect for my uses. Aside from the usual mobile PC use, it's used for running videos to show trainees, and for writing up the debriefs on the courses.

It sits neatly in the hard luggage on the bike, and the SSD gives me reasonable confidence it'll survive the battering a bike suspension will give it better than a HD.

Interesting thing is that my previous laptop was a Sharp MM1100 "ultralight" which has a pretty similar spec in many ways as the modern netbook. The difference was that it retailed at £1099 in the UK initially at least, I paid £799 for it. By those standards the £240 for the Mini 9 was a bargain!
  (#30) Old
Default 08-26-2009, 02:56 AM

I originally got mine as a plaything, but it now has evolved in to a great work tool. I am a hospital auditor and travel all over the city. I run by databases and synch up my contact management software with my company owned office pc.

I have it loaded with my music while I audit instaed of taking my IPod. With my "superbattery, I can go all day without a charge and still write reports on the way home.

This thing works harder than my work computer.

jeannine's- Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 64GB Runcore Drive,
powerfung megabattery

« Has anyone put anything in the empty WWAN spot in their mini 9? | Pain in My Neck (Literally) »