Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Probability of OS X Success between Mini 9 and 10v - 06-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Hopefully I'm putting this in the right section, but I always noticed that this Mini 9 section had more activity than the Mini 10v section so I decided to post here, anyway.

I've been in the market to pick up a Dell Mini 9, and actually am on the verge of receiving one, but I realized, for the $200 I'm spending on the machine, it'll be another $150 for a good hard drive and good RAM. So in reality my Dell Mini 9, used, with upgrades would be $350, with a highly good probability of the OS X install going well, its a mini-Mac.

Now on the other hand, I could go to Dell, and get the base model Dell Mini 10v, brand new for about $300, plus maybe the Dell harddrive upgrade to 160GB. Anyway, the reason I make this thread is because the amount of Dell Mini 10v's running OS X perfectly is a lot less than I've seen run on a Mini 9.

Though I have seen videos on how to install Mac OS X on a Mini 10v, if the success rate is low and there are lots of bugs I'd like to stay away. Maybe someone here would like to educate me the differences between the Mini 9 and 10v when it comes to installing Mac OS X on it, cause thats really all I want the netbook for.

« Does "sleep" really "sleep" | OSX Mini9 Windows Mobile Bluetooth Sleep Problems »