Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#11) Old
Default 06-22-2009, 05:17 PM

With my mini 9 (8gb stec and osx 10.5.7), I've noticed that if I try to put it to sleep and the power light doesn't start pulsing on and off after a while I can sometimes get it to do so by either closing the lid or inserting and removing the ac adapter plug.
  (#12) Old
Default 06-23-2009, 03:06 AM

In general, sleep works brilliantly on my hackintosh'd mini 9, save for one issue. If I have bluetooth enabled and legacy usb disabled in bios, when I open the lid, the computer will think I'm pressing the zero key over and over until I hit another key. If I have bluetooth disabled and legacy usb enabled, the computer will think I'm pressing tab over and over. Additionally, with the first combo, if I hit the power button and select restart after waking the computer from sleep, it won't actually restart, but with the second combo, it will. Odd, but certainly not deal breakers.

I have occasionally had the computer fail to sleep, usually when a program was frozen. Like others have said, if the power led isn't pulsing, it's not actually asleep. I don't think this is unique to our minis though, since all of my computers, windows or mac, have failed to sleep at times.

« 8 cell battery | Probability of OS X Success between Mini 9 and 10v »