Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default Exceptional Dell/Mini Experiance - 06-07-2009, 09:13 PM

Hey all;

When I heard that the Mini was going to get discontinued I figured it was finally time to buy. I so wanted a hackintosh and the Mini was the perfect $$ amount. I ordered a A90 cause Dell was out of the Mini's. Well about a week later I saw a link from here to the Outlet and grabbed a Alpine White w/512 and 8 with Ubuntu 8.04 and save about 70$, I had a 32g runcode and 2g memory on the way already. So I call Dell and hope they don't hassle me too much to cancel my order. Not only was there no problem, but the guy expidites my shipping and I get it in 2 freaking days! Heck I thought it was going to beat my runcore. So finally a good customer service story. It came on a Sat. and now I'm hoping it's in good shape. Well it's perfect, can't tell it's a refub at all.
So I boot it up and put in my password in 2x, wrong!! I can't remember what I typed, lol. But no problem, I have 9.04 unr on my stick ready to go. So I put in the memory and ssd, boot from usb and away we go, no problems. Well yes, there is 1 problem, the mic will not work, but I think it's a know bug.
Man am I loving this thing, its perfect size and runds great! I took it to the car dealer with me yesterday and there network was wide open. So as we are negociating I'm checking everything he is telling me and ended up with a great price!!!
And I'm sold on Unbuntu, f MS and maybe OSX, we will see about that, thanks for this site and all this increaduble information.

« Should I get a Mini 9 from the Outlet | Mini 9 or Mini 10 or Mini 10v? »