Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#31) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 02:35 PM

Yeah, i dont think people care/are complaining that it makes noise that you can only hear with the computer next to your head as to just noting it and being curious as to what it is.
  (#32) Old
Default 06-10-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by thatguyruste View Post
I apologize if my opinion differs, and I forget if you type more than one line and attempt a deeper conversation, that people seem to take it too seriously these days I'm not upset at all, just curious as to why such a tiny noise is such a big deal is all...
Criticizing someone's curiosity is deepening the conversation? Sorry but that doesn't make sense. If you want to criticize something go over to "Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades" and harass everyone that posts "what's the best SSD"? There's only like 200 posts on that topic.
  (#33) Old
Default noise intermittant - 06-14-2009, 01:39 PM

I have the hissing sound, too, and it definately is coming from the speakers at the lower end of the lcd. I think there are several sound issues with mini 9's, etc. This is one that appears to happen while the battery is charging. I have OSX on it, and simply muting the speaker, either in the OS or by the keyboard function keys, it stops. It starts up again after turning up the volume, but stopped when the battery was fully charged. It's like that annoying sound speakers make near someone with a nextel phone. And it is annoying so that is the only reason you need to consider it a flaw. I do not have good ears and do not have to have it sitting on my face in order to hear it. It is at arms length and in a room next to a room with a toddler (on hardwood) so I would not say it is not noticeable.

« Mini 9 Benchmark | just received 4 new mini 9's....with runcore 64GB SSD'S????? »