Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#1) Old
Default XP to Mini 9 - 05-27-2009, 01:10 AM

So I plan on putting XP on the Mini 9 because I'm getting tired of Ubuntu and also the updates are killing the little hard drive space I have left. But I need some help with the drivers. I know I can find almost all, if not all, of the drivers from the sticky thread but since I only have a 4GB SSD I want to get just the essential drivers. Could someone list the basic drivers that I need in order to be able to use my Mini 9? I have the regular Dell Mini 9 with 512MB of RAM and a 4GB SSD.

P.S: Are the drivers in the sticky post the lastest ones? And anyone knows where I can find working presets for nlited XP?

Thanks in advance.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-27-2009, 09:39 AM

If you're still interested in Ubuntu, check out Cleaning up a Ubuntu GNU/Linux system. I think BleachBit and localepurge are great tools. You might be surprised at how much space you can free up.

As for the Windows drivers, yeah, I check & update the links periodically. The top half are just direct links to Dell's ftp site, while the bottom half are either newer versions than or alternatives to what Dell's got. The "hacked bluetooth driver" is much smaller than the stock driver.

I can't help you regarding nlite; I'm not a fan of it. In your position, though, you don't have much choice. I believe others have put XP on a 4GB SSD, so, hopefully, one of them will chime in.

« how to solder a mini-pci-e | Report of First Accidental Drop »