Dell Mini 9 Discussion Discussion on the Dell Inspiron Mini 9.

(#31) Old
Default 05-28-2009, 05:21 AM

Add me to the list of people who love this size. Any bigger, and I'd be using a normal laptop more often. I appreciate how Dell is opted for small size, no fan, and no spinning HDD to craft the Dell Mini 910 as a nearly perfect example of a netbook. Awesome device.
  (#32) Old
Default 05-28-2009, 02:44 PM

I love the size. I have an A90. The keyboard is a bit of a challenge, but the ability to actually open my laptop on the tray table in the airplane is soooo worth it.
  (#33) Old
Default 05-28-2009, 07:52 PM

I love the form factor and actually find the keyboard okay. I've got 3 netbooks - original EEE 7014G, Advent 4211 (MSI Wind) and the Mini9. The EEE is too small, the Advent is good and I use it a lot for downloading patches, files, etc but use the Mini9 a lot for general surfing. I think the 9" form factor is the ideal size for usability and portability.
  (#34) Old
Default 05-28-2009, 08:29 PM

I wouldn't mind a larger screen, but what I really would not do without is the sdd. Never planned to own a netbook (never even owned a laptop before) But with a router coming with my dsl, and the possibility of computing in more places (home, work, + more wifi options out there) and saving on my new PC in the outlet, lead me to my new "toy."

And I use it more than my other computers in the house. It's just neat to be able to take it with me anywhere.
  (#35) Old
Default 05-28-2009, 10:49 PM

Now that I've had mine for a few days with mine, I really love it.

I thought I'd hate the keyboard, but so far I find that it's actually okay. I'm a touch typist and I've been able to avoid huge mistakes. The odd placement of the quotes key does annoy though.

The only real downside has been the heat it puts off; however I'll take the heat over fan noise, which drives me crazy.

Lastly, while the screen is dinky, the resolution and brightness are great - much better than my other laptops. I do need to maximize my browser with the fn-z combination when I'm browsing.
  (#36) Old
Default 05-29-2009, 02:09 AM

Ive been playing with my A90 for a week and I cant deal with it. Im giving it to my girlfriend mostly because the keyboard is too damn small.

Vostro A90 | RunCore 32GB | Transcend 2GB RAM | OSX | Dropbox

« iPod and Ubuntu 8.04 | pidgin & msn »